Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA Model # 27V412T ( PLA )

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

So, my daughter who is brilliant at doing things like this; is at her boyfriends house when she turns of the TV. It said PLA Lock and she turned it off anyway. Not knowing it wouldn't turn back on ?

So, I asked if she had a Remote. Of course not, they don't have the original Remote. So, if I can't find a remote that will work to turn it off. Can I replace the V chip?

kv

You WILL be able to find a replacement remote. Find out what codeset it uses and you can use a generic from the same maker. They don't use unique remote codes for every TV they make that makes no sense.

You WILL be able to find a replacement remote. Find out what codeset it uses and you can use a generic from the same maker. They don't use unique remote codes for every TV they make that makes no sense.

Ok, so these are the code sets.
RCA 000,006,011,019,027,034,038,044

If I can find an RCA universal remote and try these codesets it should work.

But, there have been some folks on the net I've been reading about who got a Universal Remote and couldn't pull it off and they had google to find what they thought was the right one?

I have one of my IT guy's who has a spare Universal Remote Control, I can try that to see if it works.

Thanks.

kv

Last edited:
If you can't find an adhoc remote you can always hit up E-bay or put a request in on craigs list in hope of finding someone somewhere that has that specific TV set remote that is willing to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back