Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rc pane HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siegeman88

i want to attach my homemade bomb dropper to my sweepback rc plane but how do i connect two servos to one switch? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need to ask the people on the RC model airplane forum. I fly airplanes and I am wondering why you need 2 servos to operate 1 item like a bomb dropper? The ones I have seen just has double doors on the bottom of the airplane. Turn the airplane over drip in the bomb then close the doors. When your flying you open the doors and the bomb falls out. You can also drop cargo boxes with parachute or a man with a parachute or a tank or truck with parachute.

Once I put guided missles on my airplane I made them out of bottle rockets. Slide them in a tiny little tube under the wing put a glow plug in the bottom of the tube use the servo to connect a 1.5 Volt D battery to the glow plug it gets hot ignites the fuse the rocket shoots itself out of the tube. You can build a rotary switch so the servo rotates the plywood switch past 4 or 6 contacts to fire off 4 or 6 guided missles in 1 2 3 4 5 6 order.

The receiver of an RC model airplane has channels to activate servos, not "switches".
Some receivers have 5 channels that can be used for electric motor speed control, elevator, rudder, ailerons and flaps. The channel used for flaps or ailerons can be used to drop a bomb instead. Its servo can open the bomb door then close it.

The receiver of an RC model airplane has channels to activate servos, not "switches".
Some receivers have 5 channels that can be used for electric motor speed control, elevator, rudder, ailerons and flaps. The channel used for flaps or ailerons can be used to drop a bomb instead. Its servo can open the bomb door then close it.

You use 1 servo to turn on switches. Attach a wire from the servo to a switch the servo will turn it on. You can also make a servo turn on 2 or 4 switches. You can use factory made switch OR make a home made switch. Be creative built your own stuff. Servo has a center position put a switch on each side of center you can turn on 2 switches. Put 2 switches on each side of center you can turn on 4 switches. Attach every thing to a piece of hobby plywood.

I recall that some very cheap RC kids toys use "bang-bang" instead of proportional controls. Bang-bang is full left, full right or straight.
Like a two-way switch that is center-off. They don't use a servo to do it.

i have i channel activation switch which is for the sweepback mode i want to make one channel do both bomb and sweepback

i have i channel activation switch which is for the sweepback mode i want to make one channel do both bomb and sweepback
I think you need to ask the people on the RC model airplane forum. I fly airplanes and I am wondering why you need 2 servos to operate 1 item like a bomb dropper? The ones I have seen just has double doors on the bottom of the airplane. Turn the airplane over drip in the bomb then close the doors. When your flying you open the doors and the bomb falls out. You can also drop cargo boxes with parachute or a man with a parachute or a tank or truck with parachute.

Once I put guided missles on my airplane I made them out of bottle rockets. Slide them in a tiny little tube under the wing put a glow plug in the bottom of the tube use the servo to connect a 1.5 Volt D battery to the glow plug it gets hot ignites the fuse the rocket shoots itself out of the tube. You can build a rotary switch so the servo rotates the plywood switch past 4 or 6 contacts to fire off 4 or 6 guided missles in 1 2 3 4 5 6 order.

Sweepback?
Is it an F-18 Tomcat jet airplane with two real jet turbine model engines?
They fly very fast. They sound like a real one and even smell like a real one.

Attachments

• F-14 Tomcat.jpg
    F-14 Tomcat.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
No

okay first of all it is a rc plane not a real plane. And it is a tornado i forgot the actual name but it is sold at nitroplanes.com.

Your RC airplane is very fast so it could kill somebody. Do you have insurance?
My RC airplanes are small, very lightweight and fly slowly so they don't hurt if they fly into you.

i keep it at half or 3/4 throttle gives more time for the battery and so i don't kill anyone, happy. :) do you know how to fix my problem

keep it at half or 3/4 throttle gives more time for the battery and so i don't kill anyone, happy. do you know how to fix my problem
My RC airplanes are small, very lightweight and fly slowly so they don't hurt if they fly into you.

how can these radiostyrda flygplan
kill some one, these are for entertain how can they kill some one. i am agree that they can harm some one if they got crashed.

Last edited:
The inside of the airplane is just a box with doors on the bottom side. The bomb lays inside the box. When the doors open the bomb falls out then the doors close. Very simple.

If a large heavy RC airplane would hit someone at 75 mph it could fatally kill them to death real bad.

how u like all those double negatives. lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by audioguru

how can these radiostyrda flygplan
kill some one, these are for entertain how can they kill some one. i am agree that they can harm some one if they got crashed.

Adam402I do not know how you came across this site:
From an electronics point of view
or
From a model aircraft flight safety point of view

Whichever it is, you are a new poster here and there is something you need to be aware of.
Audioguru is a very experienced electronics guy and offers useful hints and information on a wide number of topics.
However he also has a dark side where he is prone to comments such as this one which you mention, where he finds some problem which is vaguely related to the topic in hand and how it could lead to the end of life on earth as we know it.:rolleyes:
He the finishes off by telling us how his version of the device in question does not exhibit this awfull trait.

Dont worry about it, just another day in the life here on ETO!:D:D

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back