Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Oscillator with pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hello Guys,
I was watching this Tutorial by mikroe.com
1. How the oscillator freq is calculated by RC variables
RC oscillator
https://www.mikroe.com/chapters/view/12/appendix-b-examples/

2. OSC1 AND OSC2 function here the osc1 is connected to external Clock signal is this possible and what is the function of osc2?
External oscillator
If it is required to synchronize the operation of several micro controllers or if for some reason it is not possible to use any of the previous schematics, a clock signal may be generated by an external oscillator. Refer to the figure below

1) Remember school!!! RC time constants.. How long to charge / discharge a cap via a resistor...

2) osc2 usually provides the power to resonate a quartz crystal... Not needed for RC time bases and external clocking systems...

BTW.. DS8 hasn't worked!!

1) Remember school!!! RC time constants.. How long to charge / discharge a cap via a resistor...

2) osc2 usually provides the power to resonate a quartz crystal... Not needed for RC time bases and external clocking systems...
That mean i have to go back in RC equations!

Last edited by a moderator:
That mean i have to go back in RC equations!
Or in this case, you will have to learn them for the first time.

For some reason, the linked thread led me to believe you were an Engineering instructor. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/which-micro-to-choose.146178/
Are you familiar with the expression "The blind leading the blind" ?

Can I say "The blind leading the blind", in these politically correct times?
Should it be "The visually impaired leading the visually impaired" ?

JimB

I would say something but im not going to My doctor hit me in the nose for saying the same thing bad idea on his part and even bader idea on my part. But I do wonder about how can someone ask the same things over and over and still be on the wrong page.
Oh and the doctor wasn't happy after i got done bet he never dose that agin.
Koolguy inthe config there are setting for osc XC RC HS stuff like that Set it to RC and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back