Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. How much (the link doesn't say)?

Hi,

Does look interesting. I'd like to see more and hear some reviews.

The Model B with Ethernet is $35 and the model A without Ethernet is $25.
Both of these prices are excluding VAT and delivery.

I ordered a model B from Farnell's and it cost £29.46 including VAT and delivery.

More information on the Raspberry Pi can be found at https://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

Hi again,

I'd like to hear much more about this product. If somebody gets one and tries it out please post back here.
So i guess it runs Linux.

The Raspberry Pi some thing to play with Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processo

Here you go get two of these $35 each not bad **broken link removed**

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer board that plugs into a TV and a keyboard. It’s a miniature ARM-based PC which can be used for many of the things that a desktop PC does

Features:
Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and Videocore 4 GPU
GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
256MB RAM
Boots from SD card, running the Fedora version of Linux
10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
HDMI socket
USB 2.0 socket
RCA video socket
SD card socket
Powered from microUSB socket
3.5mm audio out jack
Header footprint for camera connection
Size: 85.6 x 53.98 x 17mm
Oh and get some cheap usb wifi card

I use an embedded board.. A vortex86 at a cost of £66 and that doesn't have sound or video.... This sounds FAR to cheap...

Good isn't it? :)

It's been developed by Cambridge University, basically because of an utter lack of programming skills on incoming computer students. The idea is to make a cheap versatile computer that can be used for embedded projects and has good I/O facilities for doing so.

Looks great Im on there list as soon as they get some in it will be on it way. You can use it I/O pins there on the board plus there going to post the data sheet soon.

I have idea for it now way to use Netflix with out tying up a cp

There $25 and $35

$25 gets you one USB and no RJ45
$35 gets you 2 USB and RJ45

Last edited:
Hi again,

Do they mention what kind of web browser you can use with the op sys Fedora with only 256MB ram?

I't got more then enough ram your using a SD card as hard dive can also use the USB to with a hard drive

It will run firefox easy and there are 3 Linux OS that can be used Debian Fedora and Arch, but really you could build any of them to run on this.

I've ran Linux on a much slower Arm 400 mhz and full blown Linux OS on flash and it was great.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these puppy's It's like a dream come true.

Need to check out there site https://www.raspberrypi.org/

Unreal
he SoC is a Broadcom BCM2835. This contains an ARM1176JZFS, with floating point, running at 700Mhz, and a Videocore 4 GPU. The GPU is capable of BluRay quality playback, using H.264 at 40MBits/s. It has a fast 3D core accessed using the supplied OpenGL ES2.0 and OpenVG libraries.

Last edited:
I've had confirmation of my order, expected delivery 14th MAY :eek:

Cost was £24.55+VAT (£29.46 in total) for the B version with Ethernet - but includes a 'free' tee-shirt as an early order.

I really hate waiting for things!.

I've had confirmation of my order, expected delivery 14th MAY :eek:

Cost was £24.55+VAT (£29.46 in total) for the B version with Ethernet - but includes a 'free' tee-shirt as an early order.

I really hate waiting for things!.

I got the B version too but dang no tee-shirt and I'm on a will call type of deal LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back