Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C toy car transmitter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have read the book personaly and it does seem to look like it will work and It does not require large amount of voltage and you don't need a licence's for certain country's, not mine at least.

Re: reply

GTAman said:
I have read the book personaly and it does seem to look like it will work and It does not require large amount of voltage and you don't need a licence's for certain country's, not mine at least.

So what is the output power of the transmitter?.

As you are in the USA, the FCC are strictly in control of radio emissions, I don't see how a 20 mile WiFi range can possibly be legal?.

Maybe there is a loophole in the law. If you have an array of many legal WiFi transmitters at home, then a huge lightweight dish antenna on the car can receive it 1500 feet away. A gyroscope in the car's antenna will keep it pointing at the array of transmitters. Since the car is a small toy, it won't be able to carry enough battery power to transmit back a signal to show where it is, you certainly won't see it so far away. Stand on the roof and use a telescope to see it. :lol:

audioguru, very dry sense of humor you have!

anyways, i'm sure he could put a PDA equipped with a camera, a 802.11b SD card transceiver on the RC, that would probably work! and all he needs next is a USB 802.11b reciever, and a frying pan streamer (refer below)...then you have a couple extra kilometers to work at. But let's not forget that is extremely directional... a couple degrees off and you lose all signal...

**broken link removed**

Thanks Indecided,
The Chinese "cookware" antenna did very well. It must be the chopsticks and bamboo broomstick that makes it work so good since they match very well. I notice that even the scientist-wannabees are Chinese.

Maybe because they are in New Zealand it works good. Isn't everything upside down there? :lol:

It is not ilegal over here, we have a city that offers Wifi for the city and it expand's to 80 mile's out I think, but we were the first city in the world to do this and only 2 people design this and own the company.

it would work
also I can't give any technical spec's on that book for as I don't own it, so it would not be of the top of my head.

Sorry.

R/C toy car transmitter

It seems to me,ITS! That this forum is not about HELPING ONE ANOTHER. its about negative criticism towards the poeple who come to this forum for the information on there subject to be answered with positive abvise base on facts! Not somebodies own opinion. It just looks like bashing other peoples opinions on there view points, on this forum. I'm not bashing or criticizing anybody personality. its your advice and your own opinions that seem to be base on negative criticism form your selfs. And no real hard facts. IF anybody gives a commeted like.
=So why don't you get details from the sources you listed above! Rather than asking here. or do they have no details ,which rather makes the claims questionable?I COMMETED PREVIOUSLY THAT TO DOUBLE THE RANGE REQUIRES TEN TIMES THE TRANSMITTER POWER THIS IS THE BASIC FACT! This is not facts. this is your comment.Your own self opinion. facts are based on how the ten time the power output is calculated what power amplifier transistor is used or draw your results in a circuit and to calculate any parts that could eplain this out come. IT SEEMS THAT YOUR COMMENT AND YOUR OWN OPINION IS QUESTIONABLE? but thats your opinion. And as to me going to some other forum. who are you to give that advice. This is not your forum. This is a forum FOR ANYBODY that COMES FOR positive advice. For information based on real facts. not just one persons opinion or comments. Maybe I should've gone to a real electronics engineering forum in the first place. But it seemed like maybe i would get some real good advice form a whole bunch of people. But all i get is people criticizing peoples view points.
[/u][/list]

We are giving you idea's, not bad comment's.

Once in a whiled we are sarcastic but not in a nagitive way.

We are all friend's on this website

R/C toy car transmitter

Nigel In the USA THE FCC does have a control on the radio,microwave, ect ect. electromagnetic emissions. And also would have in other countries like yours.Are you an expert on the regulatroy of the USA emissions how do you know what could and what can't be used in the USA there is a book that comes out every 2-3 years from

the FCC regulated buy the USA govornment. this book is about 1000 pages long or more. have you read this entire book. In your country. this is what I mean about someone giving advise and having no real facts. on something he does not know or can know with out having those facts. this book is Federal and its a standard. But the states and towns in the USA have and make there own regulations and laws for that town or city this is call common laws in those towns or cities.But not every town uses this common law they use the federal standard laws. your countries laws are totally different in alot aways to the USA! If the law where GTAman lives states there is a 80 mile range for WiFi then it must be leg.Why would you disagree with his questioning on that law in his state. do you have documents on his state laws that is other wise differrent than what he knows. I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU AND EXPERT ON USA LAWS.

1. I did not state that every where is allowed to have a 20 mile Wifi range, but I did say in my area it is allowed, I never said I was a expert about the USA as for I do not really care.

2. We are giving you idea's for your project, either to use WiFi or elec it is your chose to decide what to go with.

3. I am not saying I am smarter then anyone in any categories I am giving a fact in my town. Also some people can't supply all the information, so there is no reason to crack down the people that didn't include all of the story.

4. This is a site to relax and post any question's or answers you might have, not a place to release your negative comments.

You need to reply a little nicer cyperquest, we are just giving you idea's

R/C toy car transmitter

I'am going to the websites where this person did build a 1500FT video transmitter. And it does work. because he as plans and the pictures on his website and all the details that you need. And if the person needs help. I and anybody could e-mail him for that help. or info. HOw does anybody know that this enable-transmitter WiFi devise does not work.DID any body read this book. buy this book (other then GTAman) or build this or see this devise work. I guest not bcause everybody is skeptical about this devise. maybe this works.And maybe it dosen't. BUT know one will know until you see for you selfs or build it. And if it does work by a computer on the internet this devise would go more than 20 miles as the book said.
= NASA used only a few watts of RF power to receive singals from beyond PLUTO! are you going to make an enormous highly focused receiving dish antenna like they use?.... I'm sure not going to pluto 2-3billion miles away.And this car is not a space ship to explore space. I think you all got off track. I'm just trying to go 1000ft on my uncles land. THe devise I seen on a show was a high-tech show. this devise i seen does use a WiFi computer system set-up and I did see them use this system to make a R/C toy truck move across the room. I have to say. I did not see the truck go farther.BUT this does not mean it can't. the show was call (I WANT THAT). here in the states. This technology is real. NOt like the unreal advise I been receiving.

I agree with you there, know one know's if this device works. I just posted a book that stated it could go 20 miles I read the book and it seemed possible but it did not have a website were you could see this device working.

You could go with other way's beside's Wifi but it might be a bit hard to get your range for what you want in my opinion.

Hope you find what you are looking for on the web since this has not shown you what you wanted.

Looks like you found better luck on a search engine,
then that is the way to go.

I am interested in that website, can you post the link?

Sound's like something I can can use in one of my projects.

Re: R/C toy car transmitter

cyberquest said:
Nigel In the USA THE FCC does have a control on the radio,microwave, ect ect. electromagnetic emissions. And also would have in other countries like yours.Are you an expert on the regulatroy of the USA emissions how do you know what could and what can't be used in the USA there is a book that comes out every 2-3 years from

the FCC regulated buy the USA govornment. this book is about 1000 pages long or more. have you read this entire book. In your country. this is what I mean about someone giving advise and having no real facts. on something he does not know or can know with out having those facts. this book is Federal and its a standard. But the states and towns in the USA have and make there own regulations and laws for that town or city this is call common laws in those towns or cities.But not every town uses this common law they use the federal standard laws. your countries laws are totally different in alot aways to the USA! If the law where GTAman lives states there is a 80 mile range for WiFi then it must be leg.Why would you disagree with his questioning on that law in his state. do you have documents on his state laws that is other wise differrent than what he knows. I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU AND EXPERT ON USA LAWS.

I don't claim to be an expert on USA FCC regulations, but generally they are similar to the UK ones (although the USA is usually more lax).

But I'm EXTREMELY sceptical about the regulations allowing licence free use of high powers in the WiFi band - the commercially available WiFi cards available (both in the UK and USA) are power restricted by the regulators, who are the FCC in the USA. If you were allowed 20 mile ranges, the cards wouldn't need to be restricted in this way.

As a radio amateur, part of the exam we have to pass concerns regulations, and although it's been a long time since I took mine (and it wasn't in the USA) it still gives you a good understanding of the reasons and needs for regulation. Indiscriminate high power transmissions without a licence is always going to cause widespread interference to other users, and I can't see that the FCC (who probably police it better than the UK authorities?) are going to allow that.

Perhaps you would care to post a link to the FCC documentation that gives permission for it?.

R/C toy car transmitter

=GTAman wrote A mile is 5,450 .and can you imagine 20 miles's... A mile is not 5,450ft..A mile is 5,200FT=62,400 inches...And I CAN IMAGINE 20 MILE'S. if it works. as it saids in the book. BUt other people might comment on this because to them its skeptical anything would be skeptical if you never see or used or build the devise you never seen before. but that does not mean it can't work. ANYBODY can make a comment and think they know it all, with out the real facts. fact=something that exists or occurs, a piece of informtion about such a fact.. The quality of being actual.... God Bess.

Nigel, I herd this from a customer that came in and worked for a networking company and he said that a book came out that said it could go 20 mile's of WiFi range and I said "isn't that ilegal over here" no not here but in some town's there are strict FCC laws but here in this city it is not ilegal.

I do not have any document of this but I know this guy and he doe's not lye.

So I base my fact from that customer.

Plus check amazon and check the review's for that book and see what they said.

www.amazon.com

Cyperquest so I over ranged the feet in a mile, that doesn't mean that I did anything wrong. If you look at a fact close enough sometime's you will find flaw's and it won't alway's be right.

Take pills for instent's there are always is a flaw with the medicine, just like alot of the post's that get put on here.

That is the way ths world works

R/C toy car transmitter

GTAman I think you took what I had to say in the wrong way. this was not towards you in any way.. Has a matter of fact this was towards other people who give advise or comments to this forum that they know notting about. this was not towards anybody personality. I think you miss understood me. that the USA comment was to someone else who thought he knows the USA laws. who told his opinion ABOUT you not knowing the WiFi law in you town. If you read it you would see I commented on this persons opinion about he mentioning comments what he stated on you view points. this was not any negative back talk to you. this was just positive advise of what you mention about the book and such. cyberquest.god bess

Sorry, I did misunderstood and thanks for taking my back, you are a friend in my book.

R/C toy car tramitter

GTAman.also the last comment is my positive advise to you. NOT a negative back bashing in any way. Just tryin to help a fellow like you self went somebody thinks he is right in his comments or advise here on this forum. notting negative. Goss bess to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back