Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick help please. Raspberry Pi may be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat5

I know nothing about the device. Have plugged it into a proper power supply for it. Two LEDs light.
Connected a HDMI monitor but it says no input.
Do I really have to connect SD card, mouse, keyboard to get anything on the monitor?

Doesn't the User Manual tell you what's needed?

No manual just a warning sheet. On line there is info.
Again my question is
when powered and a monitor is properly connected should there be something on the screen?
A logo perhaps.

The Raspberry Pi is essentially a small computer and the SD card is the hard drive. Not only do you need an SD card but you need one with an appropriate OS installed.

Without an SD card with an OS installed the Pi won't do anything....

You can easily find many guides on starting with a Pi, i suggest you Google it! https://www.raspberrypi.org/help/quick-start-guide/

OK. I think you guys have answered my question.
There is no native intelligence on the device. Except to load something?
It requires a kick in the ass to do ANYTHING :)

I will play the game and see what happens.
Load an OS.

Thank you.

The firmware and the operating system are both booted from the SD card. If I remember rightly, the Pi will appear to be dead until it starts to boot from a SD card.

The firmware and the operating system are both booted from the SD card. If I remember rightly, the Pi will appear to be dead until it starts to boot from a SD card.

What OS can a Raspberry PI used?

[Nice to see fellow musicians here.]

Just grab one of the Linux images (free) from the rPi website - follow the instructions carefully for making the SD card though.

You may want to try Raspbian first - not a bad distro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back