Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding this PIC16F628 tachometer schematic…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group,

The stated accuracy (from his site) of Jose Pino tachometer is "between 200 to 9,999 RPM with a 0.3% of accuracy" which seems kind of poor to me. Is the poor accuracy due to the programming or is the accuracy limited to the hardware (timer, chip, etc.)?

Thanks...

Last edited:
i thinks its because of the code.
if your time interval (in which your counting the pulses) is too short it makes the tacho sensitive.in that site a guy(firoz) posted a video and pictures of the tacho to show how sensitive it is.
and there is not ASM file of the code so that we can see or modify.has any one working on new code?
and i am also having same issue as firoz.imean while starting LEDs are bright but when they start counting intensity get decreased.(have a look at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFa4jsq-LQ ) is this possible to control in code itself?

fever said:
and there is not ASM file of the code so that we can see or modify.has any one working on new code?
You can disassemble the hex file to become asm file, but very difficult to understand. Because the labels are not understandable anymore, just label1, label2, etc. Then you can modify the asm file again and compile again and load into the PIC again.

Fever,

Interesting video – thanks for posting it.

I think the problem is that his programming is using a set amount of time and counting the input pulses at a rate of 1 pulse per revolution. That's why the low is 200 rpm. Your sensitivity issue could also a result of that. What rpm's have you tested yours with? My guess is that when you get it up to around 5,000 rpm's the 'sensitivity' issue will go away.

well iam not good in this PIC coding stuff.
so you might have observed while starting all 4 displays showing 8 then the last display counting from 9-0.i like it.is it possible to put some welcome message here.
where i have to modify the code.i disassembled the hex using winpicpro and got this

Attachments

• code.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Gee Whiz! :eek: That disassembled code has over 750 lines of instruction. Is that because the code was written in something other than assembly and when it was compiled it is not optimized?

Last edited:
thanks
but i don't understand how he did that display at startup - 9-0 counting(in tach-1) and the name display in tach-2.
there is some more stuff in address-Eeprom Data tab(ICprog).is this causing to display those startups?

well with some more search on internet i found a german site where ppl were discussing abt AVR based tacho(7-segemnt).
have a look at the below zip file.
and if any one interested in making it,pls do post ur experience.

and i don't understand some points in this design
1.what is the purpose of red,yellow LEDs and transistors
2.where and what to modify (in code) to maker it work for single cylinder engine.

Attachments

• Programm.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back