Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on satellite uplink and downlink power budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some times it work in few STB like in my at evening few channel get FTA daily in my VC no. only..

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean ?
That one type of decoder receives FTA and another does not ?
It may be because one type uses a different CAM Conditional Access Module.

OK, As in USA Direct TV is used which is used for Pay service, like this in India we have Dishtv which have different package I have notice some time the channel which are not in my package act as FTA for me only not for any other...mostly in stormy or raining times..,why??

I hope know you will understand my question.

I doubt the weather has anything to do with it. Rain fade due to thunderstorms is common, especially for Ku Band (less so for C band). India is known for being Monsoon central. The weather causes signals to degrade, it has no effect on the encryption system. If it did, I can assure you my wife would be outside hosing the dish :)

The only reason why channels appear which you have not paid for is because the provider turns the encryption off. No other reason.
They do this occasionally for testing and they do it occasionally for promotional reasons. If you can occasionally see what is on other channels, you may subscribe to them.
That's the logic. A service provider might put a first episode first season free to air to suck people in to subscribing to that channel.

The reason why some other services even your neighbour may not get the same service unencrypted for a short period of time is because subscribers are in groups.
Certain keys are common to certain groups, users, channels and areas. The provider can divide up their customers in a number of different ways.

If you're a person who watches sports, you may subscribe to one of two sports packages. So every now and then, I'm going to un-encrypt the channels from the premium group so that those on the cheaper package can see them. I know they like sports and if they like what they see, they might upgrade.

Or, when it's not sports season, I might think you're wife is sitting down at the end of the day. I might open up a few drama channels in the hope that she might see them and nag you to subscribe to them. :)

Of course if it's raining outside, chances are you're sitting down inside watching TV. What better time to influence your behaviour via TV :D

OK, Can you show some images of Broad caster control room how they control the DTH via computer software......and what the use of these PID Video, Audio,Text...etc..??

None of the pay tv providers are going to let you do that. They're not very tourist friendly.

Even a normal earth station, there is not a lot to see in the way of control panels.
Since everything is mostly automatic, the control rooms are basically a couple of monitors and a computer.

I don't see how this is relevant to link budgets ?
What are you trying to achieve ?

If it's hacking satellite TV, then you're best to deal with a local satellite hacking forum, or a more general international one.
These forums are very closed communities and they do not take well to "gimmes", people just looking for pirate cards etc.

None of the pay tv providers are going to let you do that. They're not very tourist friendly.

If you have you can share with me...!!

If it's hacking satellite TV, then you're best to deal with a local satellite hacking forum, or a more general international one.

NO, i want just asking my doubt to experienced person..like you.
If you know please tell.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back