Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Qucs crystal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I been playing with qucs it's cool but a can't find a crystal I wan't to test ideas with a crystal.
Can anyone point me to the right place. Thanks.

LTSpice (at least my version) doesn't have a crystal model per se. It has a crystal symbol, but you have to assign the various values for inductance, capacitance, and resistamce:
upload_2017-11-14_22-57-50.png

If you can't find a "proper" symbol in qucs, you might consider just using a capacitor symbol and specifying those characteristics.

John

Last edited:
I guess qucs is like ltspice I said you can use stuff from it I don't have the hang of it.
But it works so so I wanted to use LTspice but this is a linx box.

I've set up my own QUCS model for a crystal using the standard equivalent circuit. The attached example is for a 38 kHz tuning fork crystal. The parameters came from the manufacturer's datasheet. Note the extremely high inductance value. This is normal for a crystal.
Xtal_38kHz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back