Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QUADROTOR HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where from do i buy small but very powerful motors for my RC quadrotor online.someone please help me.:confused:

HobbyKing is a decent source for Chinese made (mostly) model parts at low prices. Shipping from China can be expensive depending where you live. HobbyKing has grown substantially over the past several years and now has warehouses in the US, UK and maybe some other countries. That means that your location may make a huge difference in comparing prices and availability. There are other sources for "very powerful" motors. Two additional pieces of information would help us give you a more constructive answer:
1) Where are you located?
2) What do you mean by "very powerful"? I suspect you want the greatest power to weight ratio. But, how much power do you want in Watts? What is the maximum weight? What voltage?

John

Also you may have to pay inport duty and handling charges when buying from other countries. This is an example of giving a sensible location makes a big difference to the way a question is answered.

Les.

HobbyKing does ship to India, but apparently there can be problems with customs. Here is an old thread on that subject: **broken link removed**

For shipping to the US, I learned a costly lesson several years ago. Major international shippers, like FedEx, EMS, DHL, ship in containers and the entire container is cleared at US Customs. That has two effects: 1) It gets through quicker; and 2) Items are less likely to be pilfered ("lost") by our customs agents. In contrast, shipments by international mail (e.g., from England Postal Force to the US Postal Service must be cleared item by item. That is a slow process, and the lesson I learned was the "loss" of an irreplaceable shipment. (The loss happened on the US side.) The fact that it was insured made no difference. Obviously, I wanted the items more than the money.

Customs in India probably operates differently, but it is a consideration worth checking into.

John

**broken link removed**

Your welcome, there is some good motors in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back