Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM on a PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomSoft said:
yeah thats what im thinking so i ordered some new LEDs along with some 18f1320s should come in about a week...

When I was doing this I used a photransistor to see the modulated signal on the scope. If you can do that you have IR.

Then I used a cheap IR reciever to detect modulated bursts. If that works you have the modulation/PWM working.

After that worked I worried about what data I was sending.

i know it sends the signal i see it blinking with a web cam and i know how to receive a signal i just have to get more chips so i can make the receiver and emitter boards... i cant fully test a signal without sending one out and receiving it on another board.

Ahh but maybe there is another way, download the NEW PICkit2 2.50 software and run the IR LED lead to the Logic Analyzer tool, it will capture the datastream, you could turn off the modulation just to see the bitstream.
It's an awesome new tool.
**broken link removed**

cool i seen this in another post from you.. will look into it but i might try converting my code to a lower end pic with pwm...(maybe) but its still a doubt..

i have latest software but how would i connect to june? what pins? and i suspect on the 1320 right?
EDIT:
1 = VPP/MCLR
2 = VDD Target
3 = VSS (ground)
4 = ICSPDAT/PGD
5 = ICSPCLK/PGC
6 = Auxiliary

Last edited:
Well
Ch1 = PGD = RB1 (DIP SW-4 TX)
Ch1 = PGC = RB4 (DIP SW-5 RX)
It's also possible to use RB6 & RB7 (the programming pins)
To use Aux you'll need a jumper from RB3 to AUX.

The most common mistake people make is to build a system and expect it to work. It is far better to test it as you build it. Heathkit (possibly the worlds best ever kits) made extensive use of the test as you build approach. That is the approach I am suggesting here.

AtomSoft said:
i know it sends the signal i see it blinking with a web cam
The web cam shows you the IR is there, but with the scope and photo-transistor you can see the actual modulated signal as the IR receiver would see it.
i know how to receive a signal i just have to get more chips so i can make the receiver and emitter boards... i cant fully test a signal without sending one out and receiving it on another board.

The Xmiter is just a IR LED or two and a resistor.
To the receiver end you need is a photo-transistor and IR receiver from your local radio shack. About $5 for both.

The IR receiver will confirm that you have the 38/40KHz modulation right. Most go low when the modulated IR is present.

If that works all you have to do is send the right data.

The PICkit LA could be used to look at what your are sending to the IR LEDs and to what the IR receiver (maybe photo-transistor) is getting.

3v0 said:
The most common mistake people make is to build a system and expect it to work. It is far better to test it as you build it. Heathkit (possibly the worlds best ever kits) made extensive use of the test as you build approach.

Then Zenith bought them, possibly the worst TVs ever made.

Zenith makes really good Flyback Transformers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back