Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pushbutton switch model for LTspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonzit

Anyone have a ready-made model of a momentary-contact N.O. pushbutton switch for LTspice? I know I could build one myself if I knew how, but I don't, and someone must have crossed this bridge before.

I'd also like to have some resources where I can find models for other components, since the package seems to "ship" with practically nothing except, of course, the Linear Technology chips.

Many thanks!

==================================================

Later, in another part of the forest ...

So I think one needs to create an "arbitrary behaviorial voltage source", perhaps using absdelay(x,t) to create a switch that starts out open and closes after t seconds.

Am I warm?

Later yet ...

I found this model here:

Code:
*	SPDT switch
*	Parameters:
*	Threshold : switching level of the CONTR signal at which the switches react
.subckt spdt T1 T2 COM CONTR GND
S1 T1 COM CONTR GND swmodel1
S2 T2 COM GND CONTR swmodel2
.model swmodel1 SW(Ron=1m Roff=1000Meg Vt={Threshold} Vh=10m)
.model swmodel2 SW(Ron=1m Roff=1000Meg Vt={-Threshold} Vh=10m)
.ends

Any way to make a SPST NO pushbutton out of this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

and still later ...

Hey, I found a LTspice wiki.

Last edited:
Try reading the help files sometime =) Just drop a voltage controlled switch component, it's right there in the same directory as voltage sources diodes and transistor.. You have to include a spice directive which defines how the switch works, again this is in the help files under S. Voltage Controlled Switch.

I have been reading the LTspice user manual, thank you very much.

It has a ton of information, but it's not much help to me.

See my other thread here where I tried to implement a voltage-controlled switch but failed (still trying).

Some of this stuff ain't easy to grasp if you're not already familiar with it. And like most of what's available for apps like this, the documentation sucks!.

Last edited:
psst, don't complain too loud carbonzit, the software itself and it's models are still actively updated for free ;) It's one of the better free pieces of software I've ever used. By the way thanks for cross linking your previous posts, that helps seeing what you need to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back