Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus RJ11 Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Does anyone have a proteus model for schematics and board layout of a RJ11 socket they wouldnt mind sharing?

I better check again! its for the ICD3, I normally use the PK3 header but need to use the RJ11 this time as I am having the board made

What are they under in connectors? I dont seem to have any??

Sorted! I made one

Ok isnt working!! Ian would you mind doing a simple schematic using a 6 and 8 pin rj11 socket please? Zip it here and I will see if the model pops up in mine, I have alot of connectors but nothing comes up for rj11. knowing my luck its been renamed! I hate proteus :D

Not renamed.... The RJ11 is the telephone socket... The RJ45 is the Ethernet socket... They are listed as RJ45 and just RJ

RJ 4 and RJ 6 are the ones I use.... The normal one is the 6 pin... Are you using the path "package/connectors/RJ 6"

I dont get them come up, I will check again I think something is wrong somewhere

No I definitely dont see them come up, I get no connectors using RJ anything. I dont see a path, I am trying to get them to show in the lib picker on the schematic.

Thats why I wanted to try a schematic from you to see if one would pop up.

Not familiar with P, but sometimes 8p8c and 6c6c work or modular.

Actually the RJ11, RJ14 and RJ25 aren't jacks at all. They are an interface or wired in a certain way.

To make matters weird there is no RJ50, BUT https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_connector#10P10C

More weirdness.

The 9-pin serial connector on PC's is often dubbed a DB-9, Its a DE-9. A D shaped connector, Shell E, 9 pin.

The modular stuff gets really funky when the vendor isn't consistent.

You might be able to buy a DB-9 connector in a computer store, and sometimes in an electronics distributer.

LG! What version of proteus have you got?
This is my array of telecom connectors...

upload_2016-2-24_8-43-13.png

Hi LG,
As a result of KISS's post #10, looking on the web And looking for some sockets I bought for this purpose I think I know what you want (Also I have learned that RJ11 is not the socket type.) The sockets are 6P6C. I bought mine from Farnell (Farnell code 393-8414)
https://uk.farnell.com/mh-connector...ll+Categories&categoryNameResp=All+Categories
Here is a web page I found with the pin layout for the connection to the PCB.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=6...h=612&tbm=isch&imgil=aXZA8vGgLa70iM%3A%3B0Zok
The PCB board layout part of the picture is from the component side of the board. I know this as I still have some of these sockets. Out of interest are you making a clone ICD3 or just using it to program PICs on the board you are making ?

Les

I have the sockets thought I need to go count the pins but I am pretty sure there is 8 offset. This is what I get for rj in proteus, I only have one lib
proteus.JPG

As you can see if I click on connectors it goes to opamps etc as I dont have ANY connectors with RJ at the start.

That's Isis .... PCB layout is Ares... In Isis you can assign a package to any 6 pin connector...

Select 6 pin sil
1 isis.png
then select the properties if the connector. Then "Packaging tool"
2 isis.png
This opens ares.. Then look for RJ
3 isis.png

Lastly once back in Isis, select the component properties then package and select the RJ connector..
4 isis.png

Never mind I dont have them in issis or ares or any where in proteus, The sockets I have are marked RJ-11 and the pins are offset like a RJ45 not like the RJ 8 etc which is simply offset to the side. I will probably go back to Altium, proteus isnt that good especially with no pic 32.

Someone from another forum is emailing me there libs from proteus, I will finish what I am doing in proteus then go back to Altium for school stuff etc. The School was thinking of getting proteus for technology but those of us that have tried it dont like it, so its looking like we will stick with Altium. The Beta 8.4 is rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back