Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Project] Voltage problem on Smoke device , need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerostar

Hi,
i am building a smoke device,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3q4GHofWfY

and getting some trouble on the voltage problem.

The device separate into 3 part, motor, heater, battery( 4 * 1.2V rechargeable battery) .
and 3 of them is connected in parallel .

Here is the problem :

1. motor do not receive enough to run (after test, it only got 1.9V . And heater got 1.5V )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,problem had been solved,
the main reason is wire problem, after changing wire, everything become alright.

By the way, another is multi meter reading problem,

When I switch to 200mA, it showed 11.0

When switching to 20mA, it showed 0.94,

I am confused on such number...

Last edited:
I'm guessing the connecting wires are dropping too much voltage. Different lengths/thickness of wires will drop different amounts. What gauge wire are you using? How much current do the motor and heater draw?

you've put a link to a video, but what is the schematics?
do you want us to guess just looking at the mess on the table?

Last edited:
I'm guessing the connecting wires are dropping too much voltage. Different lengths/thickness of wires will drop different amounts. What gauge wire are you using? How much current do the motor and heater draw?
Opps, tell u later after checking.

wire : 1mm to 2mm
current (motor); 0.0019A
current (heater): 0.0017A

let me know if i do anythings wrong

Last edited:
current (motor); 0.0019A
current (heater): 0.0017A

let me know if i do anythings wrong

I suspect that there is something wrong with your meter or your measuring technique.

With a 4.8 volt supply, those currents represent far too little power for a motor or a heater.

JimB

Battery output: 4.59V

Voltage (motor): 3.66V

Voltage (Heater): 2.95V

Current: 1.1MA

This does not make any sense.
Can you post a picture of your set-up and how you are making the measurements?

JimB

Have you set your meter correctly for measuring DC current and DC Volts, with the probes plugged into the correct sockets on the meter (DC Amps usually uses a different socket from DC Volts)?

Hi,problem had been solved,
the main reason is wire problem, after changing wire, everything become alright.

By the way, another is multi meter reading problem,

When I switch to 200mA, it showed 11.0

When switching to 20mA, it showed 0.94,

I am confused on such number...

Your meter could be damaged if you tried measuring a current much greater than 20mA on the 20mA range :(

Yes, 11mA.

See post #14 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back