Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with MT8870DE DTMF Decoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jepoy12

Im trying to make this circuit then use a N1208 nokia Cellphone as the tone source. I putted a LED to each output to see whats going. It worked at first but without Q2 ouput going high. I dont know why its not working, I checked it with the Volt Meter and it gives me .5V reading. Other outputs work properly only the Q2 is not. When I rechecked I found out that I mistakenly connect the .01uF at pin 17 to the ground instead of connecting it to the voltage source.

I then fixed the wrong connection and try to rerun it again. Here comes another new problem the whole thing is not working. All the output doesnt change state when numbers are pressed and the Q2 pin still on low.

Oh god did I just wasted my 10$ for this decoder? can this problem still be fixed?
Help me please. I ordered this chip from other country and waited 5 days just to destroy it. :(

**broken link removed**

There are DTMF tones that cannot be produced by any telephone. The MV8870 can decode all of them but if you can't produce them then it won't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back