Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHASHWAT

I'm working on boost converter intending to convert5v to higher voltages and giving this output to 7812. But 2577 giving output as 5 v itself, ie is not boosting the signal in using following circuit
lm2577-switching-regulator.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-17-21-59-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-17-21-59-11.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 232
Capacitance value is not visible fyi it is 680 microfarad. However, note i can obtain 12 v as no load voltage, but it's regulation is very poor, voltage is dropping to as low as 1.25 volts when applied to load.

I suspect the inductor that you are using may not be suitable. Can you post a picture of the inductor that you are using and the specifications. (DC resistance, Current rating and any other data given in the specifications.)

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back