Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem klipsch sw-450 ampli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown are really good in the music biz too, you can mistreat them electrically and bounce them all over in a flight case and they still fight on sounding good.
Only one problem you have to pay for what you get.

Good work Les

In 1991, I had the opportunity to visit the Crown facility in Elkhart, Indiana. I was visiting as a transformer supplier, and were preparing technical requirements for a new generation of power amplifiers.

The assembly line was spotless. And a serious, yet relaxed, work environment.
One could easily sense that employees were happy and very proud of the products they were making.

I left my company afterwards, so I ignore what happened to Crown after it was acquired by Harman. Most likely a significant amount of jobs were outsourced.

That sounds like a good place to work, I 've never heard a bad word about crown.
Not many places in the uk like that now, probably anywhere.

Well, please notice that I said 1991.
Almost 25 years later, I wouldn't think that the factory is still there. The design center, perhaps. But the assembly must be gone by now to a far east subcontractor.

Yes, thats why there probably isnt anywhere like that anymore.
Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.
I just got myself a couple of 1/2" sockets from the same manufacturer I've been using for a long time, the new ones are naff compared to ones I've had 20 yrs, so I spose its a bad thing.

I don't want to hijack this thread so let's talk about Klipsch.
A couple of years later I was driving from Dallas, TX to Hot Springs, AR. On the way, I noticed a sign that read: "Hope, Arkansas. Bill Clinton's birthplace. Population: 15,000".

So Hope's claim of fame are both the famous Klipsch folded horn loudspeakers and the 42nd president of USA

I bought speaker drivers from eminence in the us, also the name of the manufact, at the time nearly everyone in eminence worked at eminence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back