Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Posting a two page schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
well now I have two options to try

I downloaded PrimoPDF and it told me to download NITROPDF.
The PrimoPDF had issues with MS Security Essentials. Solved that
Now I have NitroPDF and saved the two schematic files I posted earlier but going to try out peterpumpkins idea first then convert that to a pdf (three options to try)
We will see which one works the best.

print priview and save as a jpeg

hi Deb,
Sorry , its in unreadable.

Did you look at the free download for ScreenHunter 5. ??

Set it up for 'rectangular selection' and gif output.

E.

Last edited:
Set your page size in diptrace. You have it set to 25" x 25" which is why you have all the blank space.

Set it to 8.5" x 11" or 11" x 17" if you need more space.

print priview and save as a jpeg
Please don't use JPG. It's horrible for schematics. GIF or PNG or PDF is better.

looks clear but readable??
nice if it was larger.
Going to print and see what it does.

not bad but is this acceptable for review of schematic.
Trying to come up with best readable schematic posting.

Why don't you spend the time to figure out how to use one method rather than trying out 10 different things without any understanding of what you're doing?

The reason your PDFs show the circuit squished into one corner is that you have the paper size set to 25" x 25". If you set the page size to 8.5" x 11", your craptastic circuit will fill the page and be legible.

How do you set the page size? Hell if I know - I don't use diptrace. It's a Windows program and should conform to Windows conventions. Under the file menu option, there should be an option for page size, page setup, work area. Something like that.

curious where did you come up with 25 x 25?
The titles and sheet set up says 8.26 x 11

I printed out the screen hunter from the post and it comes out really clear.
I posted over at DIPTRACE forum for any other suggestions.
The only one so far was post it in jpeg format.

A jpeg schematic has losses that produce fuzz around objects. A GIF or PNG schematic has no losses and produces no fuzz.
I doubled the size and added contrast to show the fuzz on the jpeg.

curious where did you come up with 25 x 25?
The titles and sheet set up says 8.26 x 11

Open you PDF with Acrobat Reader. Zoom out to full page size. You'll see your schematic crammed into the corner of a 25" x 25" sheet.

If dip trace is using 8.5 x11 pages, you've got whatever PDF printer configured wrong. Imagine that.

I'm quite certain that no dip trace user has ever exported an image of a schematic before, so you're truly pioneering new ground here. I'll bet this thread will top 10 pages before you make a readable schematic!

Ok, I installed Dipstrace just to help you out since you're getting nowhere extremely slowly.

As the Dipstrace forum stated, you have the option to save an image from the print preview screen. There are a number of options on that screen. If you had taken the trouble to give this a few seconds of thought, this thread probably wouldn't be on 5 pages now.

1. Save as BMP or JPG. Audioguru's concerns instantly answered.

2. Area: object or page. If no objects are highlighted, the image will be of the occupied area of the page. If page is selected, you get the entire page.

3. Scale Percentage - how much the image is magnified. The box is followed by the image size in pixels. With the schematic I have, 100% yields an image size of 225 x 230. Your computer screen is at least 800 pixels wide. An image of 225 pixels doesn't have enough detail to show text clearly. A scale of 500% gives me an image of about 1000 x 1000 pixels. Now the image is legible. Yes, it's numbers and yes, we know your mind turns off when it sees a number, but this isn't rocket science.

So....when you have the schematic complete, go to print preview, click SAVE, select JPEG or BMP (I think JPG will work fine as long as the resolution is high enough and the resulting file size will be less) and adjust the magnification to get an adequate drawing size (800 wide as a minimum, more if the schematic is detailed) and click ok.

When you make a post, look at the file once it's posted. If YOU can't read it easily, delete it and save it in a larger size. If you can't read it, don't expect anybody else to make the effort to do so.

Save as BMP or JPG. Audioguru's concerns instantly answered.
Then it will be nice and fuzzy as I showed.
Some JPG schematics are very detailed and use up a lot of memory space and they are almost as clear as a low memory space GIF or PNG schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back