Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please make corrections to my project schematic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekyguy11

I am building a device to replace the ignition switch on my car. I have already written the code for the PIC18f1320 (thanks to everyone who has helped me so far), and I have attached my schematic that I drew up on Express Schematic software. I'm kind of learning as I go, so I figure there has to be at least a few "Rules of thumb" that I am violating with this. Plus, there are a few values that I am not sure of. I also attached the LM2917 data sheet and the diagram I got the LM7805 setup from.

R4,R7- Inputs to PIC, from what I understand, its ok that its 12v, as long as there is a resistor... I just don't know what value this resistor should be.

C4- The LM2917 **broken link removed** (page 8, "Speed Switch) doesn't say anything about this capacitor in the picture.

C5,R9- I believe these control what input RPM will activate the output of the LM2917. I'm shooting for 350rpm, but thats just a guess. I'll need to do some testing to find out.

Also, Are the pins I chose to connect to on the PIC acceptable? Do I need to connect any more?

Attachments

• KTC KA1.JPG
    KTC KA1.JPG
    500.4 KB · Views: 225
  • vschem2.gif
    vschem2.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I use a voltage divider with a 10k and a 8 k your using it as input that would give 4.9 volts

I'm not sure what you mean...

Here is an updated schematic.

Attachments

• KTC KA1.JPG
    KTC KA1.JPG
    497 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
A picture show you better
This gives you 1.2 Milliamps at 4.9volts on your
R4,R7- Inputs to PIC, from what I understand, its ok that its 12v, as long as there is a resistor.

Attachments

• vd.PNG
    vd.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I get it, thanks. I will implement that. See any other problems? Do I need to use pull up/down resistors for the PIC inputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back