Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC Bot dude

Hi,
I am building a battle bots-style robot. Its dimentions are 24inches longX 20inches wideX8inches high (excluding wheels). It is going to be chain driven. What I was wondering is, what size/power elctric motor should I use? Thanks for any help:)

oh, and can I just use a normal FM transmitter/reciever setup. I am pretty sure I can but just to be safe I thought I'd ask :) thanks again.

How big's your budget?

Post some tech info on proposed bot regarding batteries , wheel diameter , estimated wieght etc

Teams are Very cagey regarding the specs of certain items ie Motors
I was lucky enough to see the british bot "Panic Attack" up close a few years ago at a science fare in Cheltenham , and was politely refused a closer look at the electronics. Though the stickers inside would suggest that RS [RSwww.com] componenets are to be found inside....

Automotive starter motors have been used and are designed to produce large amounts of torque but require huge supply current (80+amps,will flatten battery pack in a couple of minutes)
Overunning is common, 24v into 12v motor, big performance boost but at great risk and does brushes no good (risk of failure during match)

Cordless drills are another solution , one for each wheel, they often have an internal gearbox , very usefull for direct drive application

Well, my wheel size, battery size and so on depend on what motor I want to buy. Budget is about a couple hundred. Thank you for the help you've given so far :D

This may be outside of the budget but it is worth a look and could provide some usefull links.
https://www.kadtronix.com/robotframe.htm

Battery specs (basic) for Gel type batteries
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back