Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help stressed beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Hello People.

I am trying to light up the LED by using pic16f84a. I use MPLAB to program it. WHen i compile the asm file, i get this error message

Error[173] D:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\HYUN-WOOK\MY DOCUMENTS\BLInK LIGHT.ASM 40 : source file path exceeds 62 characters (D:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\HYUN-WOOK\MY DOCUMENTS\BLInK LIGHT.ASM)

I don't know what to do. Here is the program that i used

STATUS equ 03h
TrisA equ 85h
PortA equ 05h
Count1 equ 08h
Count2 equ 09h

bsf STATUS,5
movlw 01h
movwf TrisA
bcf STATUS,5

start movlw 02h
movwf PortA
btfsc PortA, 0
call delay
call delay
movlw 00h
movwf PortA
btfsc PortA,0
call delay
call delay
goto start

delay
loop1 decfsz Count1,1
goto loop1
loop2 decfsz Count2,1
goto loop1
return
end

It seems the full path of the file is longer than 64 characters. So move all the files to D:\ or maybe under one or two folders with short names. It seems MP LAB didn't hold aside enough memory for a long file path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back