Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICkit2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Harrold

Straightforward question on PICkit2.
If I'm powering the target PIC separately, do I have to connect VDD of the PICkit2 to my PIC?
I have the software set up for external VDD, but I'm wondering if the PICkit2 needs the connection
to determine if the PIC is powered up.
I'm hoping to get by with just VPP, GND, PGD & PGC.
Thanks.

Hi Roger,
If programming a pic with the hex file from Oshonsoft one will have to open the .asm file generated in mplab and insert the header file then compile. Otherwise the hex file won't work and thats what I found out the hardway a few years ago. Eric did tell that way of doing it and I haven't had a problem since.

Regards Bryan

Hi, I am using Oshon for only 10 days or so, but I programmed and reprogrammed PICs about 30 or 40 times, importing Hex from Oshonsoft to Pickit2 and it works everytime. I am using Pickit2 program downloaded from Microchip.

Jirka

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back