Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18F87K90 port B output type

Status
Not open for further replies.

igeorge

Hi,
I need to know if the port B on this chip, when is configured as Digital output is a Push-Pull or Open drain
I do not have a pic on my hand to test it with a regular Led
I believe that if the Led light UP connected to either plus or minus when the pin is High or Low (Respecting the LED polarity), it will be a push pull
If not, then i believe it will be an open drain
But i prefer some answers from users which have more experience than me
In the data sheet, 11.1.3 it said that some pins on the chip can be configured as Open drain through configuration registers, BUT only for special purpose of the pin.
Please help
Thank you

I am used to go through this section to know who is who in pins of a certain port (plus the erratas for that particular chip, of course). Did you?

upload_2014-1-8_11-39-46.png

Bear in mind that there is an overall limit to what the CHIP can source or sink too. You probably can't sink 25 mA from EVERY port pin at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back