Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F767 Uh Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeyman87

I decided to get a PIC16f767 for my accelerometer project because it has an a/d converter, ausart, and internal osc. All of which help to make my project easier. BUT I didn't check if my JDM programmer software IC prog had the capability to program this chip which it doesn't. So my question is does anyone know of any software besides the WARP programmer software that can program this device. I couldn't find anything as this is a relatively new MCU. Thanks

I did a little comparison of MCUs. The PIC16f76 has 28 pins, 8012 bytes of program memory and is supported in the IC-PROG software. I tried programming the 767 with IC-PROG set for the 76 and it programmed the code my only problem is that the 76 has a lot of different osc selections. Is there a way that I can setup the config bits in my software so when I load the hex file I won't need to check uncheck options (fuses & osc) in IC-PROG. Sounds like a long shot but I could find no other JDM programmer supporting software that also supported the 767 on the web. I know a lot of you would suggest getting a new programmer but that is not an option for me right now. I hope this is all clear.

Monkeyman87 said:
Is there a way that I can setup the config bits in my software so when I load the hex file I won't need to check uncheck options (fuses & osc) in IC-PROG.

You should always set the fuses in your source code, look for __CONFIG in ther MPASM helpfile.

However, this doesn't mean that ICProg will be able to blow the fises from it, it depends entirely how ICProg works, and how the fuses are accessed in the 767 - some PIC's use totally different methods, in particular the 18F series use three different bytes for fuse settings due to the large number of options.

Any prebuilt hardware that is compatible? Will a parallel programmer based on Tait's design work? As long as the pin connections are the same and neccesary i/o are inverted it should work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back