Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F630 coding needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty2015

Hello
I have a CanaKit cyclic timer (www.canakit.com/cyclic-pic-digital-timer-with-relay-1-sec-to-15-hour-kit-ck670cy-uk670cy.html), which uses a PIC16F630 microcontroller.

I need to change the time scales, but the code is protected, and I have no experience coding for microcontrollers. Therefore I am looking for some one to write the program in C for me. Most of the information needed is avail in the attached doc file (user instructions, my new time charts, and the schematic). Also, I have a Microchip development kit PICkit1.

Is anyone interested in taking-on this job? The hard part will be testing the functionality.

** I have updated the info file to include the original timing configuration. **
Tks
Marty

Attachments

• re-coding info v3.doc
    840 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
You need post the schematic along with the original timing parameters and your new parameters to see if its a viable project.

While the forum members will readily help those with a genuine interest you can expect that students simply wanting someone else to do their work will get little attention or possibly find someone whos asking a high price as you can readily find on other such sites.

Such a program will probably not be that complex but still require some hours to write and test etc, what kind of money do you expect to have to pay ?

If you explain your situation more I think you might get better consideration.

At the bottom of the web page you linked to they state that they will do a custom program for $50.

Still too big.

Strange, surely its not all one big file, cannot you split it into smaller files and post them , what data you are sending other than a schematic, program code and general info ?

Important point should have asked you to specify earlier, pic chips can be programmed in several languages, typically Assembly, Basic or one of a couple of versions of C; do you have a need for any particular one / what is the original code written in ?

Strange, surely its not all one big file, cannot you split it into smaller files and post them , what data you are sending other than a schematic, program code and general info ?
Important point should have asked you to specify earlier, pic chips can be programmed in several languages, typically Assembly, Basic or one of a couple of versions of C; do you have a need for any particular one / what is the original code written in ?
The code is protected; cannot be read. I would prefer C as I have some experience with this language.
I suceeded to compress the file.
Thanks

Attachments

• re-coding info v2.doc
    811 KB · Views: 264
Whats not included is what do you want it to do ? What times do you want it to do ?

Need that info to be able to say if its a viable project to run within the hardware constraints of that circuit.

Whats not included is what do you want it to do ? What times do you want it to do ?
Need that info to be able to say if its a viable project to run within the hardware constraints of that circuit.
This timer is incorporated into a home-made controller for the dehumidifer in my house. The dehumidifer starts freezing-up after about 30-45 min of operation, and then only needs to be shut off for a few seconds which initiates the re-start protection. Right now, I can only get a 15 min runtime.
Tks

Last edited:
As the unit is, it can be set for 30 mins run and 2 mins stop time. Is this close enough?

Mike.

Well reading the instructions, do not see why you cannot get those times for the unit.

In Config mode the Red On switches selected as 1,2 and 3 UP ( 8 -120 min range) , Blue Off as 1 UP ( 1 -15 sec range)
Program that in by the PowerUP/Switch press option

Then set your times for RED as 2 and 4 Up to select 40 mins on and BLUE as 1 UP for 8 second.
Just power on again for it to accept and start your run sequence.

Job done .... yes ??

Last edited:
As the unit is, it can be set for 30 mins run and 2 mins stop time. Is this close enough?
Mike.
Currently, the function is as follows:
each set of DIP switches can be set for seconds, minutes, or hours (red=on time, blue=off time );
Then they are set for the actual times, but since there are only 4 switches counting in binary, the highest times = 15.
ie
1s - 15s
1m - 15m
1h - 15h

Well reading the instructions, do not see why you cannot get those times for the unit.
In Config mode the Red On switches selected as 1,2 and 3 UP ( 8 -120 min range) , Blue Off as 1 UP ( 1 -15 sec range)
Program that in by the PowerUP/Switch press option
Then set your times for RED as 2 and 4 Up to select 40 mins on and BLUE as 1 UP for 8 second.
Just power on again for it to accept and start your run sequence.
Job done .... yes ??
each set of DIP switches can be set for seconds, minutes, or hours (red=on time, blue=off time );
Then they are set for the actual times, but since there are only 4 switches counting in binary, the highest times = 15.
ie
1s - 15s
1m - 15m
1h - 15h

If this is the only function u want to use this device for just solder a new Quartz Crystal half the speed of current one and see what happens. This way you will get double the timing values and you wont need any additional programming.

ie
1s - 15s
1m - 15m
1h - 15h

Well the description in the link you initially gave and the documents you posted last night say you can ..... ??

Has something changed we don't know about ?

Have you actually tried programming it with the two sets of switch info in the manner I said in my last post, which first sets up the switch range and is programmed in by powering up while holding that push switch down until the led flashed, followed by powering off and then changing the switches to select the actual times and power on so it should start running for 40mins on and 8 seconds off , will you give it a try, it should only take a minute or two ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back