Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC to ESP12E wifi IoT module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I kind of said that I bet I've walk 10 people threw how to fix a bricked esp that they messed up with arduino and then you have people thinking that all esp can do at commands they didn't read where the AT CODE belonged to MIT and had to be removed till they came up with a replacement the esp 12 come with four or more ram chips that each load differently so you have some lucky ones and some unlucky esp campers lol.

Ok, upon further development, the Arduino IDE is, admittedly not perfect. The libraries (and documentation) are still under development. Once complete, I am sure this IDE will be an easier method than any other.

As said above, it does currently do a complete re flash but, not all bad if the ESP is used to build a project - it could become an issue if you are constantly using it as a testbed/development sandbox. But, for under $5, I think most of us can afford to replace it if we do exceed the max number of flashes (does anyone know this number?).

Anyhow, I'll keep checking in as I explore all the other methods out there.

There a big problem with the arduino ide that people over look when they started making the esp they keep changing the hardware and that will keep it from being anything but a dream.
And you have the gov saying users can't make changes to the core code the new esp upward of the 12 will end up just being a way to get to the net is what there saying and there has not been much work on the arduino esp add-on in all most a year now.

The thread isn't about arduino guys. I already have a 7000 ASM line PIC app & hardware front end I need to get on the IoT. I am not about to do an arduino version of PIC asm.
So communicating with the PIC to ESP is the goal and the ESP handles the wifi & webpage data display interface. Then bidirectional comms after that.

The thread isn't about arduino guys. I already have a 7000 ASM line PIC app & hardware front end I need to get on the IoT. I am not about to do an arduino version of PIC asm.
So communicating with the PIC to ESP is the goal and the ESP handles the wifi & webpage data display interface. Then bidirectional comms after that.

You are misunderstanding. The ESP needs to be programmed. There are multiple ways to program it. One way to program the ESP system-on-a-chip device is to use the software that is used to program Arduino boards (with some ESP-specific add-ons). Nobody said you should use an arduino board.

Thats the problem the esp 12 is programmed and all you need is a lua script to do what you want

It's a 3.3 volt chip I use a diode drop on the serial line which works great

It's as simple as this i found this today.
Code:
art.setup(0,9600,8,0,1,0)
sv=net.createServer(net.TCP, 60)
global_c = nil
sv:listen(9999, function(c)
if global_c~=nil then
global_c:close()
end
global_c=c
c:on("receive",function(sck,pl) uart.write(0,pl) end)
end)

uart.on("data",4, function(data)
if global_c~=nil then
global_c:send(data)
end
end, 0)

Last edited:
You can use at commands but most chips do not come flashed with at in the firmware you how to flash the chip with a command firmware

Sorry for the late reply and bad/good news im about to share... i got a new job (good part) so i rarely have time to work on anything so can not make a tut. (bad part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back