Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic simultor won't compile

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of "not so funny " things seem to happen in Microsoft Programs lately,
see my post of today about External modules and Vista
I also have a drive that uses Vista (a spare one) and the installed Sim18 refuses to go at all it crashes at the choice of the Assembler or Basic although all rules have been followed and I tried plenty "solutions"
I know it does not help but join the club
Memory tests
hard drive test
Try repair Windows it could be an obscure DLL messed up ???

In order to make amend
I must say that when I followed all the rules there was one that I was too STUPID to understand correctly
I was installing using " run as administrator "
BUT FAILED to do the same for the running of the sim
so it was bitching
the odd thing is that I always have done that and sometimes it worked ,that is the nasty thing with MicroSad it is not consistant
I must say thank you( A BIG ONE )to
Ian Rogers
I use Oshonsoft on Vista..... You MUST install as administrator or it will never work... You can't even run as administrator if it wasn't installed as instructed

It pays to read the forums thanks to all
Now on to the other problem ( external modules)
I am open to all suggestions big or small I am first trying an original vista installation WITHOUT ANY UPDATE

In order to make amend
I must say that when I followed all the rules there was one that I was too STUPID to understand correctly
I was installing using " run as administrator "
BUT FAILED to do the same for the running of the sim
so it was bitching
the odd thing is that I always have done that and sometimes it worked ,that is the nasty thing with MicroSad it is not consistant
I must say thank you( A BIG ONE )to
Ian Rogers
I use Oshonsoft on Vista..... You MUST install as administrator or it will never work... You can't even run as administrator if it wasn't installed as instructed

It pays to read the forums thanks to all
Now on to the other problem ( external modules)
I am open to all suggestions big or small I am first trying an original vista installation WITHOUT ANY UPDATE

Hi

Hmm..Thats interesting....Vista without any update.
Most IT people compare Vista with Windows ME and dislike it (including myself).

I'm running widows 7 x64 with SP1.

Used XP Pro for the longest time (one of the best MS OS's in my opinion), switched to Vista for a short time, dumped it, and went to Win7 x64.

Haven't had any issues ith Win7, runs great.

I'm running OSHINO, Microchip IDE and X IDE, CCSCompiler, LTSPice, Design Spark all with no problems....

Just thought I'd share....

eT

Thanks eTech,
I have now tried with "virgin"vista disk and the Modules still do not run correctly
Could you do me a big favor .that is if you have the time,could you try to install the "pic18moduletemplate"
through VB6 if you have it
I will switch this back to my original post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back