Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A PICkit2 and Junebug are way better than the winpic800. When i googled the winpic800 all I got were failure stories :)

As for AVR I hear that the dragon is not bad.

is a winpic800 better than a junebug or a pickit2?all will be cloned i am talking about first choice pics and than avrs.?
You're comparing software with hardware. Your comparison makes no sense.

Winpic800 is programmer software for an ancient Tait-style PIC programmer.

PICkit 2 is a programmer/debugger (hardware). Junebug is a PICkit 2 compatible programmer/debugger (hardware). Both are operated by the MPLAB IDE software.

Last edited:
I googled Winpic800 and that was all I got out of it.

I googled Winpic800 and that was all I got out of it.
Well, I don't think the Tait is much used anymore. It connected to the parallel port of the PC and programmed the PIC in LVP mode (if I've googled correctly). :p

Winpic800 is one version of software used to program PICs with it.

As for AVR I hear that the dragon is not bad.
The AVR Dragon is excellent. IMHO it's the best programmer/debugger there is for newer model AVR's. If you need to work with older model chips you'll need an STK-500 or one of the other programmers though. Dragon support for older chips is nonexistent.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think the Tait is much used anymore. It connected to the parallel port of the PC and programmed the PIC in LVP mode (if I've googled correctly). :p

No, the standard David Tait programmer was an HV programmer, and is the one most non-processor PIC programmers are based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back