Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Digital Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I need a 16F877A digital clock circuit with DS1307 and 2*16 LCD display with source code
Would you like fries with that?

There must be a ton of them out there. Have you googled?

guys, how about a digital clock using pic16f84a?? do you guys have any suggested sites??? because just like muralibhat i didnt got a specific result of this project using pic16f84a.... pls help!!! coz starting today i only got 10 more days left to do it..

Then the best tutorial would be Nigel's:

Once you work through this, you will be able to make the change.

Thanks I have dowloaded Hitech Picc LIte compiler just to know the how easy it is programm in C but I cannot install it becos it gives the message that the MPLAB IDE is 6.5 version or higher but My IDE is 6.0 version.
Please help

Problem in the circuit!

Thaks everyone who cooperated
I have finished the circuit and the program but the clock i.e.DS1307 starts only if I touch anu pins of any IC or positive terminal or ground. I cannot figure out the problem.Please Help

starts only if I touch anu pins of any IC or positive terminal or ground
Do you have decoupling capacitors(100nF, marked 104) between the power pin, and ground, for each of your chips?

Hello, I have connected the caps but still it is not working . If I switch off the power suplay and turn it on after some time I found that the clock has incremented(Even If I do not touch the pins). I clock comes to halt only if I aplay power to PIC.As i explained earlier If I touch the pins then the display shows the clock increment

i.e.DS1307 starts only if I touch anu pins of any IC or positive terminal or ground.

Hmmm... are you clearing the 'clock halt' bit in the ds1307? Look on page 8 of your data sheet:
Please note that the initial power-on state of all registers is not defined. Therefore, it is important to
enable the oscillator (CH bit = 0) during initial configuration.

Also, are you using a back up battery? If not, is the Vbat pin of the clock grounded?

Thanks BEE BOP,
I found the problem---I had connected a different power suplay for backlit(LCD)That was making the problem.Now I have connected the same power suplay which I use for the circuit.
Now I have a different problem i.e. I cannot write to Ds1307 with new data. Is it neccessary to HALT the ds1307 before writing?Note that my clock is working and it starts from 00:00:00 and 01/01/00

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back