Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic compiling/programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic programming is so fun!

I think that pickit2 is a better choice if you have budget, because they are the creators of these, so they know better then anybody and upgrade the software.

Do i have to config the wdt and etc... at each program or the macro can do it?

You should have it configured in the header of every program.

I found the template, and as expected, was not where it was supposed to be( for mplab).

I loose most of my time to search files...

Last edited:
Read the mplab getting started **broken link removed** You want the user guide

Last edited:
Made my first led chaser!

Read the mplab getting started secsoftwaredownload You want the user guide

Already did.

LOL! I made a led chaser program, but not the one i wanted, and it works!

Last edited:
I just cant believe it...

My pickit2 got short circuited...is there a way to repair it?Please help me, i am really sad...

This is one of the reasons I like the JuneBug. It is easier to repair. :)

I would try to have MicroChip Will replace it.

What is or is not you pickit2 doing? Why do you think it is broken ?

What's it doing It is almost impossible to short a pickit2 it will not turn on. If you hooked it up to something that has a short in it it will not power up

Last edited:
Just hook the pickit2 up by itself and start the pickit2 program let it come on and then tell what it show you word for word not in you words Ok. Even better if you can screen shoot it like this.

Attachments

• picnotworking.PNG
    picnotworking.PNG
    735 KB · Views: 179
This is what you get if you hook it with + to gnd and - to vdd just change the wires right and it comes on

Attachments

• short.PNG
    short.PNG
    5.7 KB · Views: 170
This is one of the reasons I like the JuneBug. It is easier to repair.

I would try to have MicroChip Will replace it.

What is or is not you pickit2 doing? Why do you think it is broken ?
That's is why There no way he could Of shorted the pickit2 and broke it can't happen and your telling him to send it back. And I read this before you posted. And I wanted to show him what it tells you if you hook it up shorted.

The PICkit2 is sturdy but not indestructible.

That's is why There no way he could Of shorted the pickit2 and broke it can't happen and your telling him to send it back. And I read this before you posted. And I wanted to show him what it tells you if you hook it up shorted.

Wow! I asked him to tell us what it was doing. I did not tell his to send it off without further investigation. But I did not want him to open it and void the warranty.

It was clear we did not have enough info from breadboardguy. I asked him for more. Then you dumped 3 more posts on him. Maybe I would have kept my mouth shut at 2. And when I opened it all I asked was that you give him time to respond.

How about letting breadboardguy answer the questions already put to him.

No, you are right, the picki2 the is alright...but not my computer...
They should had think before had put the v+ and ground 3/4 of a mm close...

My usb port is burned! Very luckily, i have one spare, but still, i am afraid of using it anymore.
I put duct tape on the voltage supply(ducttape doesn't conduct, i verified).

Is there any other way of shortcircuiting?I really want to avoid that, or my father says he will have to take appart the computer main pcb to repair or something like that(big troubles).
(I still prefer that my pickit2 is not broken, even if the port is a 2.0 from a fireware one, pretty hard to find my father said)

EDIT: I used the started kit, the vdd and vss and very very close.

https://media.digikey.com/photos/Microchip Tech Photos/DV164120 board.jpg

Look at that, the top left.

Last edited:
I have a usb hub...but my dad verified, it really is the usb chip that burned, the firewire that goes to the usb hub doesnt
works.

Is a resistor needed for a tsop ir receiver? (31256) or there is one integrated?

Last edited:
I have a usb hub...but my dad verified, it really is the usb chip that burned, the firewire that goes to the usb hub doesnt
works.

Is a resistor needed for a tsop ir receiver? (31256) or there is one integrated?

Assuming you mean for the power feed to it?, you should always feed it via a decoupling resistor and capacitor, check my tutorials for an example. If you don't, they tend to be unstable and oscillate.

That's hard to believe you burned out the usb port. I've shut down the usb power before powering a stepper with my pickit2 I put headers on the low count board to use the power and power the pic on the low count board after that . I rebooted my computer and the usb came back on. But my computer tells you if you have to much load on the usb. You need to get a powered hub with a wall wart hooked to it.Something like this one Adesso 4-Port Powered Hub Mini Hub - USB THe hub has
. Bus fault detection will automatically reset device. The hub supports bus-powered and self-powered mode.

Attachments

• lowcount.jpg
    lowcount.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back