Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic compiling/programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the ir receiver (tsop or temic, they are the same...) demodulates a high to low( because its active low i think?) when there is a 38 khz continuous signal right? and a 0 when there is no signal? And what are the cycles / bursts??

The IC output is normally HIGH, when it receives a burst of 38KHz it goes LOW, however there are certain restrictions in the ratio of LOW to HIGH, and how long it can stay LOW for - too long, and the AGC inside the device turns the gain down.

However, your purpose is really identical to a remote control, so you should have no problems at all.

Okay so 10 cycles per bursts mean that the 38 khz must go high to low more then 10 times and then putting a x delay time? So to send a 101 i must do :
ON FOR X TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE DATA TRANSMISSING/38 khz on 10 cycles/ 38 khz off / 38 khz on for 10 cycles/ On for xtime to tell the end of the transmisson
Each signal would be spaced by 15 or its equivalent for the "on for x time" cycles evrytime.

Is it that ?

Please telll me.

Last edited:
Does anybody know a great place to buy pic? From mouser they are 4 dollar each and on microchip, 1.5 $... It has to ship
to canada.

And does the 16f628a can be reprogrammed once or multiple times?

Last edited:
None of them have ir sensors and pic together, i will have to go mouser...

But i need to know if i have to buy a lot or not( Can they be reprogrammed or they are only usable once?).

Last edited:
They are at 33 km, but they dont have ir receiver module.

Can someone tell me if the pic 16f628a is reprogramable???

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help, i now have all the answers that i needed and i am already in the process of programming.

You wont see me for a while until i have new questions...But i will try to answer them on my own.

Last edited:
Umm, not that I don't blueroom to sell plenty of units, but isn't buying 10 programmers more than just a little overkill? The Junebug kits are 50 dollars. A PIC which you can program and stand alone IR modules will cost you less than 10 dollars.

There is something i dont get, on this page, they say the pickit2 programs 8/14/20 pins and a guy on a forum said that he succesfully programmed the 16f628a,wich is 18 pins ???

**broken link removed**

EDIT:

Never mind for the pickit2, i would need a 2nd programmer to make it work.

How do i get an .asm file to send in mpasm? i need mplab sim?

Does anyone knows about the pic programming thing,some people just build a very simple circuit to program one type exclusively of pic ( ex: 16f628a) but where can we get information of where to connect the pic pins? assuming that i use serial port of printer an ic-prog/winpic800 . On ic-prog website they claim there freeware can program almost all the pics, but they dont give a programmer for all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back