Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Bootloader Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

A question a friend has asked me, but not sure of the answer and do not have his code or chip to prove the point with my Pk2.

Using a PK2 he programmed the 16F1938 chip up ok with the supplied code and the program ran as intended.

That code also contained a bootloader, so the user could use a simple serial link to update the main program code.

However he tried to program in a program update using thePk2, but got, "I ran into a problem trying to use the PicKIt2 as it kept reporting issue programming and address"

He then used a serial link and it updated ok.

So, is it possible, to use a Pk2 to program in the updated main program code to the bootlloaded chip ?
ie. just part of the chips flash memory, otherwise can only think that one would have to add in the bootloader code as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back