Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC/BASIC differences...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimDimman

I'm a total newb here...

I'd like to know what are the differences, functionally between PIC's and BASIC stamps?

Can you program PIC's to be similar to stamps (assuming you add the necessary components, ie crystal, etc...)?

Can you use a PIC to be an extension to a Stamp, ie added input pins/output pins to a stamp?

Hopefully my question is clear???

Thanks,

Tim

Basic Stamp is a trademark of Parallax, inc. The board actually has a PIC built on it that is programmed by you through PBasic or Parallax Assembly.

PIC - there are a whole bunch of them, all with different functions and capabilities. The seemingly most popular being the 16F84 or 16F8XX series from Microchip.

Check out https://www.microchip.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back