Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 16f877a anlog input error

Status
Not open for further replies.

saneesh george

Haii all ..
I have a doubt with analog inputs in pic16f877a....I have designed a temperature indicator using lm35 and pic 16f877a(AN0 pin used) it is working well also.I found a scenario that when we connect any of other analog inputs (AN1 to AN7) to VCC then the temperature reading increasing by 15 degree(ie 150 mv).I measured the voltage at AN0 pin and it not have an increase of 150mv.So the error may be an internal...? How this type of interference occurs. May be this is a simple question for professional...but i am a beginner ...help me

You're not allowing the A2D time to settle when you switch channels. and you're feeding the A2D from too high a source impedance.

It's why source impedance is VERY important.

If you connect a pot between Vdd and Vss, and the slider to AN1(or other) then you will see AN0 change as you adjust the pot - it's due to the charge/discharge time of the sample and hold capacitor in the PIC.

hey canu plz share the code, coz even i tried to sense the temp and display on LCD but m not getting results.Also then I tried for sensing mains but the same problem persists. Plz help

Try using an amplifier circuit like lm324 opamp based non inverting amplifier. connect the temperature sensor to the input and connect the output of the amplifier to the pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back