Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

philips 26pf3320/10 rainbow screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDYMAN205

Hi Philips 26pf3320/10 lcd tv
Can anyone point me in the right direction to identify the faulty circuit board /part based on the description of my fault as this will allow me to buy & replace the part.

Picture illegible as very fine vertical lines down screen have color content & very faint picture in the background, I have attached 2 photos. The horizontal white lines come every time I turn it on then it slowly turns to a vertical rainbow as the 2nd pic shows.

Strange thing is after this fault arose it has returned to normal with a perfect picture on 3 occasions when I was messing about with the remote control, but that's been twice in about 100 times I tried it.

I am familiar with electronics and have checked all circuit boards with magnifying glass and cannot find any blown components.

I have also downloaded a service manual which shows you how to get the led to blink to sequences to id error codes but they are fast & hard to id the correct qty/sequence.

Thanks Andy

Philips 26pf3320

I have the same problem and have mine in bits, did you ever find the problem??

yep, it would be nice to know what the 2 wire's bypass or replace so it could be fixed correctly! I know enough to fix it but not enough to correctly repair it but as long as it works I'm happy and having seen how many others have exactly the same problem with this screen I hope it helps them too.

Hi guys!

I seem to have the exact same problem with my philips 26pf3320, but don't know exactly what has been bypassed here. Could someone please tell me in a bit more detail?

Best regards,
Dee

I would assume that looking at the pictures and the description posted, the bypass is as follows:
TP11 TO TP506
TP12 TO TP507

A+ for test points!

Wilksey

Standard Philips Fix I have the Philips Issued service Bulletin for that fix I have repaired Many

Last edited:
Check this out

Attachments

• cure_for_quanta_display_used_in_26pf3320_10_207.doc
    6 MB · Views: 828
Philips 26pf3320/10

Hi
Just to say I have carried out the mod as described on the forum and has proved to be a perfect core for the rainbow screen. Unfortunately while soak testing the set it went dead . I had a good look around the power supply and found that a surface mounted ic had blown its top off ,it is designated as U115 ,the only part of the number remaining on the i/c is3AT. As I do not have the circut diagram I wonder is there anyone out there who might identify the i/c .Thanks in advance
Bigtom

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back