Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Personal FM transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazaf

1)Is it possible to draw power from from a regular headphone jack ?

2)If yes, does anybody know where can I buy (or assemble myself) a personal FM transmitter, which would draw power directly from the source ?

It should be something like the ITrip **broken link removed**that (unfortunately) is designed for IPod.

I have also seen equivalents such as IRock **broken link removed**, Arcon Transmitter**broken link removed**, and others, but they all use batteries, which is not a viable choise for me.

there is a portable fm transmitter with powerful mic at this site
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront[/url]

I couldn't find anything there that adhered to my question.

Again, I am not sure if such thing exists. But if it does, it shoud draw the power directly from the source (prefferably from the audio jack), and not from an extra battery.

no power at audio jack

The power coming out of the audio jack is alternating and will be hard to regulate. Also if the jack is designed for just earphones the then wont be enough power available to power a transmitter. Do you intend to transmit the audio coming from the audio jack or something else ?

-Chris

Exactly. I want to transmit the audio coming from a regular headphone jack in my mp3 player for about 10-15 feet. The distance of the transmission involved would not require a lot of power and I sort of thought that such devices are already in the market. :?

Problem is that most transmitters available in the market don't really give you a lot to work with, when a battery has to be replaced every so often (some required a 9V battery that lasts a few hours, I can only imagine how many batteries I'd need for a long trip :lol: ).

Concerning the amount of power, I wouldn't be able to tell you a lot, except for the fact that I once connected a 4" speaker to my mp3 player and surprisingly it worked very well.

So, any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back