Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

people trolling me for lifestyle choices that are different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats a lifestyle choice? No one told me we get a choice!
Well you could save for the future and live life frugally or do the opposite - spend what you have and worry about the future when it happens.

I have friends who have spent their wages in the first few days and enjoy fast cars and lots of meals out. Others put every penny aside and rarely go out.

My smug view about lifestyle is that provided you do no harm, do whatever you want- it makes no difference. You will be on this planet for 60 to 100 years and then you will be no longer and nobody will even know that you existed, apart from relatives and friends of course. You will only be remembered if you did something big and history decides to document it: Albert Einstene, Adolf Hitler, Plato, Vincent Van Gogh, Stalin, Henry Ford, Wright Brothers.

And even this minor planet in a minor solar system in a backwater of the galaxy will be gone one day and will be uninhabitable anyway in around 500 thousand years, when the sun expands, if not before that due to some cosmic catastrophe.

But, on the other hand, your lifestyle may not do any good. There are people who contribute to society: miners, doctors, teachers, utility workers, military... and there are those who do not and basically live off society. It does not matter because there are more than enough people out of the world population of 7 billion (corrected) to keep society running.

But what does grate with me is when the people living off society make out that they are saving the world, saving your soul, or even forecasting the future. And even worse, when they impose their views on others and cost society billions.

spec

Last edited:
My smug view about lifestyle is that provided you do no harm, do whatever you want- it makes no difference. You will be on this planet for 60 to 100 years and then you will be no longer and nobody will even know that you existed, apart from relatives and friends of course. You will only be remembered if you did something big and history decides to document it: Albert Einstene, Adolf Hitler, Plato, Vincent Van Gogh, Stalin, Henry Ford, Wright Brothers.

And even this minor planet in a minor solar system in a backwater of the galaxy will be gone one day and will be uninhabitable anyway in around 500 thousand years, when the sun expands, if not before that due to some cosmic catastrophe.

But, on the other hand, your lifestyle may not do any good. There are people who contribute to society: miners, doctors, teachers, utility workers, military... and there are those who do not and basically live off society. It does not matter because there are more than enough people out of the world population of 7 billion (corrected) to keep society running.

But what does grate with me is when the people living off society make out that they are saving the world, saving your soul, or even forecasting the future. And even worse, when they impose their views on others and cost society billions.

spec
Scary thing is, it took seven ninths, of the total time man has been on the planet, to get to 1 billion...............

Apart from invent the Afro hair cut, What did Albert Einstene do that was so great? :D

Scary thing is, it took seven ninths, of the total time man has been on the planet, to get to 1 billion...............

Apart from invent the Afro hair cut, What did Albert Einstene do that was so great? :D

You can't just dismiss the Afro haircut so easily- it was a great innovation- years ahead of its time.:D

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back