Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB-Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cost aside, would you go for Altium for home use, rather than EAGLE?

spec

If it weren't for the cost, then absolutely! Altium is far more full-featured than Eagle, and has many, many tools designed to make board design quicker and easier. It can't even begin to compare to Eagle, and I'm a serious Eagle fan.

I tried KiCAD and didn't like it. It was difficult for me to navigate and I didn't like the organization of it. It wasn't very intuitive.

If it weren't for the cost, then absolutely! Altium is far more full-featured than Eagle, and has many, many tools designed to make board design quicker and easier. It can't even begin to compare to Eagle, and I'm a serious Eagle fan.

I tried KiCAD and didn't like it. It was difficult for me to navigate and I didn't like the organization of it. It wasn't very intuitive.
Thks Matt,

That is more or less what I expected about Altium compared to EAGLE.

OrCAD do a free version for non commercial use and I even downloaded it- now lost when I bricked the second HDD on my laptop.

It was well thought of years ago but OrCAD does not seem to be that popular now.

Have you , or anyone else, got any experience/views

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back