Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB design

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i got orcad and i dont know how to create a pcb from a schematic
i drew the schematic, i went to export .dxf files, exported the file, then i used layout plus to inport the file, and create a .max file wich should be the board.
i opened the file, and its the schematic, but i can do anything to it, because it is in the layout program, from what i know it should be the component packeges and i was suppoze to put them on a board and then route the connections, but its not that simple.
so please someone help me, bacuase i need to make a psc URGENTLY!
thanks

:lol:

In order to layout a PCB you must;

Create the schematic.
Output a netlist (contains package and connection info)
Create the outline for the PCB in the layout package.
Import the netlist

This in not a trivial process as you must have a library of all of the packages you need with proper pin numbers, etc. However, this is the procedure.

Good luck...

Try using free Lite version of Eagle from www.cadsoftusa.com. Just draw the schematic and press the make pcb button to get the raw PCB created. Now arrange the components and route the tracks. Its far easy than other softwares which requires netlist and all that stuff.

thanks, but could you be more specific. that's the problem, i make the schematic, i create the netlist, but it doesnt work, i only get the schematic, in the layout program, not the packages, so how do i get the type of packages and assign it to the components....?
and about eagle, it works fine and it is easy to use, but it doesnt support a pcb large enough for my needs. i cant mudify the pcb size.

You can't change the PCB size because its the Lite version which has limitation on PCB size. If you want you can buy a non-commercial licence of Eagle which is quite cheaper than any other PCB softwares.

yes, i can but i got orcad as a present, although it is not a full versioin, limited to 200 components, but all fully functional, and i dont waht to buy any other thing

Then I think you better got to study the help file :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back