Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Chassis Fan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameske

Hi,

One of my fans in one of my computers doesn't work any more, so I replaced it with a a 120 mm 4 LED blue case fan. But a message keeps coming up with an error when I try to boot the computer saying:

"Chassis fan not functioning. Check fan connections & call for service."
Shutting down."

Then it shuts down.

My guess is that it is because the RPM line isn't connected (being there isn't one).

Does anyone know what I could do

Thanks,
Jameske

Either you still have a fan that's not working which you should be easily able to check, or the fan you replaced doesn't have a tach sensor on it so the machine doesn't think it's working. If the fans ARE spinning up when you turn it on either get a new fan that has a tach sensor or go into the bios (you should still be able to get into bios) and disable the fan failure shut down, I personally find fan failure's shutting the machine down are pretty pointless, thermal shutdowns are more reliable and indicitive of a failure.

check the processor fan any mobo that will refuse to boot with a chassis fan error, if it does your mobo maker needs to get a life

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back