Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Partitions on HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

My old PC is in need of help. Awhile back I partitioned my HD with a C drive and a D drive. All my system files were put on the C drive. Okay, so hears the thing, my C drive is now out of space and my system is getting an attitude. Now I seem to remember there being a way to move some of my D drive to my C drive thus ending my problem. In the past I used partition magic, but I dont have that anymore. What is the way to do that now? I have winXP and a IDE drive.

Mucho el thanko

Big question, are they for computer knownothings like myself?

Parted Magic is the Linux version of Partition Magic and so I assume if you can use one then you can use the other - I've not used Partition Magic so I'm only guessing.

If you can download the iso and make a CD then just boot from it and see if it makes sense to you. It boots from CD into RAM and doesn't affect your system until you tell it to.

Mike.

https://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

This is a free program to manage your partitions. It allows you to redistrubute free space from one partiion to other partition. You can change anything you want when you run program and all changes will be made upon next reboot, so you dont have to burn it anywhere or so.

Last edited:
copy all the important data from both the drives into a USB storage device or external HDD and reboot the system again and make partition of your HDD drive again and put back your Data in both the drives as per your wish.:)

Currently I'd like yo choose partition magic for windows7, compare with other partition software it has a small file size and nice interface, easy to handle, I have used it several times, come with good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back