Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

part search

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishape

Hello everybody, novice spoken here. I hope I am in the right section for this. I am working on a electronic drummer, and have ran into a part I can't seem to find. It is a 40 pin controller made by SMC, part #'s 5022-A75-3, with a 8012 below that. Made in Jan 1981. I am hoping some one with experience looking for out dated parts could help me.

That does not appear to be a commonly available IC, you may be better off trying to buy another AO-1 on ebay. I worked in the electronic music industry back in the 70's and 80's, most of those specialized IC's are no longer available.

I am suspecting that SMC became SMSC and has now been acquired by Microchip...

This
**broken link removed**
Is supposedly a RAM chip...... BUT!!! SMSC did a 40 pin 8051 equivelent.... This is probably why Microchip has an 8051 derivative now...

Maybe an email to Microchip to find out if this be the case...

You guys are tops. I suspect Brevor is going to turn out right but I am going to give Microchip a holler like Ian suggests. Thank you much.

To irishape.....I have the same instrument and i was also looking for a replacement of the 40 pin chip. this was my first attempt. Any up-to-date news on it or the instrument itself? a schematic would be fantastic or even an owners manual. if i make any progress i will let you know. Thanks.

Further on the 5022-A75-3......
Mine gets very hot. that is why i would suspect it is bad (Unless the voltage is wrong). irishape, why do you suspect the same IC? My research shows the same thing, SMC to SMSC to Microchip. Not hits on the part number itself. on a drawing i have it is designated as "Latch Bd Scanner". Not sure what that means yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back