Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parasound 2100 Classic Vs old B&K Reference 5 S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesroy

I want to replace my B&K Preamp with the Parasound 2100 Classic. I should not be in this forum because I don't build this stuff i'm just a listener. Most forums tell me to go into the show room and listen to one of them but there are two problems. I live in Albuquerque, NM and there is only one hi end auto dealer here and the only true way to have a listening test is in my home with the rest of my equipment. I was told in one forum the the circuitry in my B&K was pretty good. Just trying to get an idea if I should jump and spend the cash. Budget is an issue. Here is my setup:
WD usb2 2 TB external HD Only Music aiff’s) on it
MacBook Pro 2013 8GB RAM 256 internal Flash drive usb3
AudirvanaPlus_2.2.4
Regen
ifi DAC nano
MusocLink Transparent Interface cables
Reference B&K 200.2 S2 Power amp 225W RMS
Reference B&K 5 S2 Preamp
Paradigm 100 S series speakers

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.