Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel Port XMAS Lights flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas this year! What I got is a parallel port XMAS Light flasher. It uses relay(s). There will be a youtube video comming soon subscribe to this thread to be notified about it. (Since highspeed internet is down). This is also my first post in the High Voltage Category. You can download the software at **broken link removed**
Subscribe to this thread to also get software updates!
Also check the homepage for the xmas light flasher at **broken link removed**

Hi Justin

Merry Christmas back at you. Nice website and a nice job. :)

Now I noticed in the download there were 2 files, there was the .exe (executable) and the inpout32.dll file. Shouldn't your visitors who download the files do something with the .dll file? Also, maybe you should tell people who download the program how to run it and what operating systems it will run on.

Unfortunately my older test computers are currently buried under Christmas stuff in my work area and I don't have a parallel port on either of the systems I normally use. Maybe with time away from work over the Holidays I can clean out my work room and try your program out. :)

You also may want to share what software (VB) you used to write the program.

Have a Cool Yule
Ron

Video Response for year 2011

here's my video response to it. Finally got all 3 outlets used! Tree, Changing light penguin and my red xmas lights! Plus more photos in the photo gallery :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back