Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oster Convection Oven has a dim wit

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oster-Extra-Large-Convection-Toaster-Oven/13729291

A while back we were in a closeout type shop and found a large convection oven. It works but the controller is strictly Amateur Hour. The temperature is not even close to what is displayed and the clock runs fast. But it works and I am glad to have it. It is a typical result of what happens when market pressure drives quality down.

The instructions instruct power the cord must be disconnected when it is not in use. Maybe the clock runs fast so the lawyers can claim nobody would leave it connected to use the clock. Sheesh

Does it run approximately (60/50) times too fast (+20%)?

It could be set up for a 50 Hz mains frequency rather than 60 Hz

I bagged a load of alarm clocks from Tandy (Radioshack) once which ran too slow as they were expecting a 60Hz signal .....

Does it run approximately (60/50) times too fast (+20%)?

It could be set up for a 50 Hz mains frequency rather than 60 Hz

I bagged a load of alarm clocks from Tandy (Radioshack) once which ran too slow as they were expecting a 60Hz signal .....

That was the first thing I checked for it gains 3 to 5 minutes a day. I expect it is just sloppy cheap.

I remember the alarm clocks I had, I resold before I found out they were all running slow.

There were a lot of people late for work the next day !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back