Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft PIC IDE won't come out of eval mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCoates

I purchased the PIC IDE license many years ago, I ran it no problems on an old computer, which is now long gone. Now interested in PICs again and downloaded latest PIC IDE from Oshonsoft, ran the old *.reg license file but it still operates in the evaluation mode.
Any ideas why this is?
Could it be because I'm now running it on a different computer? I know the license is only for one computer....

Your help is much appreciated.

I purchased the PIC IDE license many years ago, I ran it no problems on an old computer, which is now long gone. Now interested in PICs again and downloaded latest PIC IDE from Oshonsoft, ran the old *.reg license file but it still operates in the evaluation mode.
Any ideas why this is?
Could it be because I'm now running it on a different computer? I know the license is only for one computer....

Your help is much appreciated.

hi,
When you buy the Oshonsoft Sim, you get a personalised *.reg file for each of the simulators you buy, ie; PIC, PIC18. Maths, USB etc.
This 'reg' must be in your Registry for the programs to run in normal not eval mode.

Contact Vladimir Soso at Oshonsoft and ask for this reg file.
You can have the reg file in more than one PC, belonging to you, I have my desk PC and Laptop running Oshonsoft, I am the sole user.
OK.?

Last edited:
you can't download the Eval copy and run your old .reg file on it. Eval copies are only that. Therefore you must D/L the lastest "registered users" version from a different link not the Eval link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back