Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope FFT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspode42

Hi

I have a question about using FFT on basic scopes like Rigol or Siglent (I don't have mine yet so just curious).
If you acquire your signal using averaging to remove noise or transients and then use the math FFT option, will the scope use the averaged values in the calculation? I have an idea I want to test but not sure if it will work :)

Thanks everyone!

If you don't mind trying on say the 1052E it would be much appreciated.

I would GUESS that's it's done on the ACQUIRED signal. It doesn't make sense to put two signal in memory unless "BW Limit" or whatever was an after-the-fact signal processing option.

Fantastic, thanks so much for trying this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back