Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad 9.2 pcb design....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this is related to the fact that you have spaces in your filenames or directory structure. Rename these and try again.

After seraching in Google i found this but my file name PCB and can you tell me the steps to do.....??

Hi,
I am really confused with Orcad 16.5 how to have boarder outline and generate gerber there are many tutorial but the option according to then is not present in PCb editor like: Obstacle, many more....
please help me with this i want to order PCb for my project..

thanks

Clik in the left menu on rectangle, on the right choose in options board geometry as class and then dimension or outline as subclass.

Hi,

I have readied many tutorial for board outline and Gerber file but while doing it is bit confusing and no result is seen...
please tell the step for first and last then i will follow it further...!!

Clik in the left menu on rectangle, on the right choose in options board geometry as class and then dimension or outline as subclass.

But how to know size/dimension of it?
and please clear me about how to make gerber file i want to order it reading from tutorial you linked is not working.....

You can use the measure tool to find distances, usally they are in mil, but can be in mm also.

Because it is not there. Can´t you ask anything more stupid, this one is too easy to explain. Do you seriously think they will provide you with a library for every single part in the world?
You can either make your own by editing one of the other pics, or just use one of them that has similar pinout.

Do you seriously think they will provide you with a library for every single part in the world?

Yes, then what is the use of ORCAD software can't they make it??
can't we download and tell me how to make it?

Every company that uses such software has their own libraries and their own footprints. First of all because you don´t trust your products to something that you didn´t make.
Second thing is that footprints and SMD especially need to be tailored to the solder paste youre using, the reflow process and lots of other stuff.
Also, if a part has just been produced last month, do you expect it to be in the library as well?

You can try searching for libraries, or simply open the mircocontroller.olb and copy some other pic that is similar, then edit it.

start capture, click file - open - library, then find the microcontroller.olb
You seriously cant think of how to do that? How do you even manage to get on the internet?

OK, I have found that great lib but there was 877 anyway..
ok, please now help me with Gerber file please...!!

simply click manufacture - artwork, check both bottom and top, click create artwork. You will get two files, BOTTOM.art and TOP.art
The board is not yet routed, so there will be a warning about drc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back