Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[opinion request] TV amp - strange simulation results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antey

The circuit doesn't work (of course... :? ) but today I'd like to hear an opinion about it's simulation results, and to be more precise - the reason behind AC Sweep results for V/D marker. Where does this 1 [V] come form ?

Circuit and it's AC Sweep results for selected markers : Voltage/Level i&Voltage/Differential.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Source is 10uV @ 425 MHz.

Any suggestions, except the one I already know (that I shouldn't hold my breath waiting to become circuit designer ) shall be deeply appreciated.

Amendment : this should work @ 40-890 MHz range.

One volt output is completely unrealistic, the R&-R8 attenuation is 40dB! The input capacitor, C12, will attenuate 10mHz a great deal. I don't have BFR95 in the library so used 2N2369. The stages have no gain to begin with. What kind of simulator do you have that outputs in volts instead of dB?

Russlk said:
One volt output is completely unrealistic

Even I know that :?

Russlk said:
The stages have no gain to begin with

Yeap. And I am wondering what else I can do about it.
I am running out of ideas at alarming rate, and this [..] still does not work, as it should - after all, it's a schema form a kit-shop, that should work...

Russlk said:
What kind of simulator do you have that outputs in volts instead of dB?

PSpice 6.3. With single function, it can also plot dB.
But with my little expirience, I prefer to have an insight into direct values - helps thinking about makining the circuit work. When it starts to work, I'll switch into dB.

I think C11 is connected to the wrong end of R7. I would add an emitter follower as shown. Also note the change in value of R8.

When you save schematics, save them as .PNG or .GIF files. JPG works well for photos, but it adds a lot of artifacts to line drawings.

Attachments

• wczxschema4bw_mod.png
    wczxschema4bw_mod.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 391
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back