Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operating Volatge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amol P

When we operare a 24Volts system on 12 Volts,the performance is same ,can any one brief how it can be attained.
The vechile Operating voltage is 12 volts where as system is operatin at 24Votls.

Welcome to ETO!
We aren't clairvoyant, so you need to tell us more before we can help ;).
What is your "system"?

Sorry I don't understand.
You have a car. (system)?
You have 24VAC and 12VDC.
Where is the 24Vac coming from?
Do you have a picture?

Another fine example of a badly described problem.

I think that the OP has an Air Conditioning unit which requires a 24volt supply.
He wants to run this air conditioner in his car which has a 12v electrical system.

Of course I may be completely wrong in my understanding.

JimB

I think that the OP has an Air Conditioning unit which requires a 24volt supply.

Do you get 24V AC aircon units then? (I know nothing about aircon - apart from mechanically powered ones in cars, and big single or three phase mains ones).

Certainly if you do, then it seems a good bet - it's certainly an obscure enough power requirement.

Use a DC-DC converter to up the voltage? Mind you, an air-con system would draw umpteen Amps at 24V so the converter would gobble at least 2 x umpteen Amps. I think a fair bit of the air-con's duty would be cooling the converter ;).

Hi Guys

Do you get 24V AC aircon units then?

I have an Air Conditioning Unit in my caravan that operates on 240 vac normally, but can be operated on 12 vdc whilst mobile. I've never used it on 12 vdc except to try it once to check it worked. On 12 vdc it will only operate on minimal setting - seems to just operate ventilation fan drawing air across refrigerant fins. I've always been a bit concerned that RAM air would damage the fan.

S

Do you get 24V AC aircon units then?
No idea!
I was just trying to give my interpretation of the poorly described post.
Maybe you get 24v unit for use in trucks?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back